|This picture was taken in 1912, from a hill located
northeast of the intersection of Rohnerville Road and School Streets.
Rohnerville Road extends across the picture. On the left is the Catholic
Church. It no longer exists but the cemetery is still there. The
Rohnerville Airport is located on the bluff in the upper left. This was also the location of Mount St. Joseph's College.
The wide street in the center of the photo is Trinity Street which boasted a boardwalk (wooden sidewalk). The large building near it is the school.
Fortuna can be seen in the extreme right of this photo.
Also on the extreme right of the photograph is a hill on the other side of Mill Street. This hill now has the large water tank on it. A recent view from that hill is here.